"Personal Data" means data that allows someone to identify or contact you, including, for example, your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address (which is required for account creation), as well as any other non-public information about you that is associated with or linked to any of the foregoing data. "Anonymous Data" means data that is not associated with or linked to your Personal Data; Anonymous Data does not, by itself, permit the identification of individual persons. We collect Personal Data and Anonymous Data, as described below.
You can browse our Website without telling us who you are or revealing any Personal Data about yourself. Once you give us your Personal Data, you are not anonymous to us. If you choose to provide us with Personal Data, you consent to the transfer and storage of that information on our servers located in the United States.
We may collect and store the following Personal Data:
- e-mail address, phone number, physical contact information, and sometimes financial information, such as credit card or bank account numbers;
- transactional information based on your activities on the Website (such as buying, selling, item and content you generate or that relates to your account);
- shipping, billing and other information you provide to purchase an item;
- community discussions, chats, dispute resolution, correspondence through our Website, and correspondence sent to us;
- other information from your interaction with our Website, Service, and content, including device ID, computer and connection information, statistics on page views, traffic to and from the sites, IP address and standard web log information;
- additional information we ask you to submit to authenticate yourself or if we believe you are violating site policies (for example, we may ask you to send us an ID or bill to verify your address, or to answer additional questions online to help verify your identity or ownership of an item you list);
- information from other companies, such as demographic and navigation data;
- if you provide us feedback or contact us via e-mail, we will collect your name and e-mail address, as well as any other content included in the e-mail, in order to send you a reply; and
- other supplemental information from third parties.
Information Collected via Technology:
- To make our Website and Service more useful to you, our servers (which may be hosted by a third party service provider) collect information from you, including your browser type, operating system, Internet Protocol (IP) address (a number that is automatically assigned to your computer when you use the Internet, which may vary from session to session), domain name, and/or a date/time stamp for your visit.
Information Collected from Third Party Companies:
- We may receive Personal and/or Anonymous Data about you from companies that provide our Service by way of a co-branded or private-labeled website or companies or individuals that offer their products on our Website or through our Service. These third party companies and individuals may supply us with Personal Data,. We may add this information to the information we have already collected from you via our Website in order to improve the Service we provide.
Registration and Sharing Through Third-Party Services:
- We may offer single sign-on services that allow you to use third party login credentials to sign into Service. With your permission, Airbrite may also transfer to Celery profile information contained in your third-party profile. Airbrite may also, for your use, enable you to import information about who you are connected to, as well as enable you to share information with those third-party sites. If you wish to discontinue such sharing, you will be able to do so through your preference page.
Information You Share on Celery:
- Notices sent to other Users about suspicious activity and policy violations on our Site refer to specific items. So if you associate your name with your items, the people to whom you have revealed your name will be able to personally identify your Celery items.
- If you access our Site from a shared computer or a computer in an Internet café, certain information about you may also be visible to other individuals who use the computer after you.
Our primary purpose in collecting Personal Data is to provide you with a safe, smooth, efficient, and customized experience. You agree that we may use your Personal Data to:
- facilitate the creation of and secure your account on our network;
- identify you as a member in the system;
- send you a welcome e-mail to verify ownership of the e-mail address provided when your account was created;
- respond to your inquiries related to employment opportunities or other requests;
- provide the Service and customer support you request;
- resolve disputes, collect fees, and troubleshoot problems;
- prevent, detect, and investigate potentially prohibited or illegal activities, and enforce our Terms of Service;
- customize, measure and improve our Service and content;
- tell you about our Service, service updates, and promotional offers based on your communication preferences;
- compare information for accuracy, and verify it with third parties; and
- and other uses as described when we collect the information.
Creation of Anonymous Data
- We may create Anonymous Data records from Personal Data by excluding information (such as your name) that make the data personally identifiable to you. We use this Anonymous Data to analyze request and usage patterns so that we may enhance the content of our Service and improve site navigation. We reserve the right to use Anonymous Data for any purpose and disclose Anonymous Data to third parties in our sole discretion.
We may disclose Personal Data to respond to legal requirements, enforce our policies, respond to claims that a listing or other content violates the rights of others, or protect anyone's rights, property, or safety. Such information will be disclosed in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
We may also share your Personal Data with:
- Service providers under contract who help with our business operations (such as fraud investigations, bill collection, affiliate and rewards programs).
- Other third parties to whom you explicitly ask us to send your information (or about whom you are otherwise explicitly notified and consent to when using a specific service).
- Law enforcement, governmental agencies, or authorized third-parties, in response to a verified request relating to a criminal investigation or alleged illegal activity or any other activity that may expose us, you, or any other Celery Member to legal liability. In such events, we will disclose information relevant to the investigation, such as name, city, state, ZIP code, telephone number, e-mail address, User ID history, IP address, fraud complaints, bidding and listing history, and anything else we may deem relevant to the investigation.
Celery enables you to share personal and financial information to complete transactions and collect payments. We encourage you to disclose your privacy practices and respect the privacy of other Users. We cannot guarantee the privacy or security of your information and therefore we encourage you to evaluate the privacy and security policies of your trading partner before entering into a transaction and choosing to share your information. To help protect your privacy, we allow only limited access to other Users' contact, shipping and financial information to facilitate your transactions and collect payments. When Users are involved in a transaction, they may have access to each other's e-mail address and other contact and shipping information. In all cases, you must give other Member a chance to remove themselves from your database and a chance to review what information you have collected about them.
You agree to use Member information only for:
- Celery transaction-related purposes that are not unsolicited commercial messages;
- using services offered through Celery (such as shipping and fraud complaints), or
- other purposes that a User expressly chooses.
We and our Users do not tolerate spam. Make sure to set your Celery communication preferences so we communicate to you as you prefer. We do not rent or sell these e-mail addresses.
Your password is the key to your account. Use unique numbers, letters and special characters, and do not disclose your Celery password to anyone. If you do share your password or your Personal Data with others, remember that you are responsible for all actions taken in the name of your account. If you lose control of your password, you may lose substantial control over your Personal Data and may be subject to legally binding actions taken on your behalf. Therefore, if your password has been compromised for any reason, you should immediately notify Celery and change your password.
You may change any of your Personal Data in your account by editing your profile within your account or by sending an e-mail to us at the e-mail address set forth below. ou may request deletion of your Personal Data by us, but please note requests can take up to 30 days to process to ensure we fulfill all necessary legal and technical requirements. Upon your request, we will close your account and remove your Personal Data from view as soon as reasonably possible, based on your account activity and in accordance with applicable law. We do retain Personal Data from closed accounts to comply with law, prevent fraud, collect any fees owed, resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems, assist with any investigations, enforce our User Agreement, and take other actions otherwise permitted by law.
We will give an individual, either user of Celery or buyers whose information is stored in Celery, access to any Personal Information we hold about them within 30 days of any request for that information. Individuals may request to access, correct, amend or delete information we hold about them by contacting us at email@example.com. Unless it is prohibited by law, we will remove any Personal Information about an individual from our servers at your or their request. There is no charge for an individual to access or update their Personal Information.
Your information is stored on our servers located in the United States. We use a variety of industry-standard security technologies and procedures to help protect your Personal Data from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. However, as you probably know, third parties may unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or private communications, and other Users may abuse or misuse your Personal Data that they collect from the Website. Therefore, although we work very hard to protect your privacy, we do not promise, and you should not expect, that your Personal Data or private communications will always remain private.